Here you will find help if something doesn't work. If the issue isn't listed here, please open an issue on the GitHub repo.
- Make sure that you are compiling eww using the nightly Rust toolchain.
- Make sure you have all the necessary dependencies. If there are compile-errors, the compiler will tell you what you're missing.
- Make sure you compiled eww with the
- Make sure that you're not trying to use X11-specific features (these are (hopefully) explicitly specified as such in the documentation).
- Make sure the
eww.(s)cssfiles are in the correct places.
- Sometimes, eww might fail to load your configuration as a result of a configuration error. Make sure your configuration is valid.
Check the GTK-Debugger to get more insight into what styles GTK is applying to which elements.
You should try the following things before opening an issue or doing more specialized troubleshooting:
- Kill the eww daemon by running
eww killand re-open your window with the
--debug-flag to get additional log output.
- Now you can take a look at the logs by running
eww stateto see the state of all variables.
eww debugto see the structure of your widget and other information.
- Update to the latest eww version.
- Sometimes hot reloading doesn't work. In that case, you can make use of
Remember, if your issue isn't listed here, open an issue on the GitHub repo.